1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT: The information we obtain depends upon the type of insurance or other financial product you request and may include:
a) Information we receive from you verbally, in writing, or electronically on applications or other forms relating a product you have requested (examples: name, address, social security number, etc.)
b) Information about your transactions with us for the product you have requested (examples: policy coverage, premiums, claim information, payment information)
c) Information we receive from companies or institutions that relate to underwriting or claims experience for the product you have requested (examples: claims history, property inspections, contracts, preseason site inspections, etc.).
2. INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES: In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect about you or others without your permission, in accordance with the law, for the following reasons:
a) To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
b) To an insurance or financial institution in order to:
i. perform a function in connection with an insurance or financial transaction that you have requested (or)
ii. to detect or prevent criminal activity, misrepresentation or fraud in connection with an insurance or financial product transaction.
c) To an insurance or financial regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
d) To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or to assist in the handling of a claim on your behalf.
e) To another entity or person as required by law or under subpoena to produce the information.
We do not sell or otherwise provide lists of our customers to third parties to market any non-financial products or services.
3. YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you including the source of that information and to whom we have disclosed such information within 2 years prior to your request. You also have the right to request corrections to the information in our possession. You should submit a request in writing to the Office of the President at the address at the end of this policy statement. The request must include your name, address, social security number, and the recorded information that you would like to access, and whether you will pick up a copy of the documents in person or you wish to have it sent in the mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 days to arrange providing you with access to the information requested. If you are requesting a correction to your information, we shall make that correction within 30 days or notify you that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
4. OUR PRACTICES REGARDING INFORMATION CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
6. RESERVATION OF THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION IN UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, our agency reserves the right to sell or transfer all of your information to a third party entity that:
a) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service;
b) agrees to be our successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and
c) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.